Grafton Regional Development Corporation, an economic development nonprofit organization serving Grafton County, NH seeks a part-time Loan Officer (up to 25 hours per week).
The Loan Officer is responsible for identifying, acquiring, and expanding community development lending opportunities in Grafton County with a focus on providing loan financing and technical assistance to small businesses and nonprofit organizations.
This position is part-time and can be based out of Plymouth or Lebanon, NH, and/or remotely as the current situation necessitates.
- Underwrites loan requests for financial assistance for a variety of Grafton County businesses.
- Under supervision of the GRDC Chief Executive Officer, plans, coordinates and implements economic development loan programs according to policies set by the GRDC Board of Directors. Also initiates and provides input for marketing initiatives and conducts outreach and business development.
- Serves as primary liaison with the GRDC Loan Committee, legal counsel and any partnering organizations for assigned business loan applicants.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities
- Loan Production: Analyze loan requests for appropriate program eligibility, determine financial capability, and recommend loan packages to the loan committee for approval. This includes a complete credit and financial analysis of proposed projects; Analyzing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, cash flow projections, business plans, valuation of collateral, guarantor’s financial position and public benefits.
- Loan Application Management: Provide professional assistance, technical information, and guidance throughout all phases of the loan application process. Identify appropriate financial resources for loan packages. Collect required information to ensure timely documentation, administration, and approval of loan applications as well as coordinate closing and funding. Verify compliance with the business finance program requirements, and maintain records at GRDC’s offices in accordance with established procedures.
- Loan Portfolio Management: Analyze and respond to client requests for subordinations and modifications. Recommend technical assistance with partnering organizations such as SBDC and SCORE, and others as deemed necessary. Work with legal counsel and Loan Committee on delinquent and workout loans and recommend course of action for curing delinquency including technical assistance. Recommend legal action when necessary.
- Loan Program Marketing: In order to publicize and grow the program, work with the GRDC Chief Executive Officer and Loan Committee to develop and implement marketing efforts aimed at Grafton County’s business community and loan partners.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- General understanding of economic development finance, business finance and transactions, commercial and personal credit analysis and finance terminologies.
- Familiarity with legal documentation in commercial finance transactions.
- Good interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects in various stages of completion.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and financial calculations.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and verbally present complex information.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation, interpersonal and public speaking skills required.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial lending experience and passion for serving the businesses needs and growing the local economy of Grafton County.
Required Education and/or Experience
An undergraduate degree in Business Administration or a related field and/or minimum of 2 years of lending experience is required.
Please contact Anne Duncan Cooley, Chief Executive Officer at [email protected]. Please submit resume and letter of interest at the time of inquiry.