Dental Scheduling Coordinator – Full-time – Bristol
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The dental teams seeks to add a Dental Scheduling Coordinator to their team. The Dental Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for performing administrative functions including answering calls, scheduling appointments, discussing balances and fees, and reviewing treatment plans.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Dental Care Manager.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in a customer service setting, preferably six months experience in a dental office setting and experience with office equipment. Knowledge of dental terminology, procedures, and diagnoses desirable. Knowledge of computer and relevant software applications as well as working knowledge of dental insurance preferred. Experience with Dentrix Enterprise preferred.
• Communicate effectively and clearly; work effectively with co-workers as a team player and perform duties as assigned by Dental Care Manager and Dental Director.
• Verify necessary information and records in the medical record and dental record.
• Answer dental telephone calls and provide information as needed. Deal with patient needs expeditiously.
• Maintain a full dental schedule by identifying vacancies and cancellations and working to fill vacant spots throughout the day.
• Accurately schedule/reschedule patient appointments as needed.
• Confirm appointments and reschedule/rearrange appointments as needed.
• Continually monitor and rearrange schedule as needed.
• Record and track no-shows and late cancellations.
• Review charts for necessary updates to paperwork such as Medical Releases, Medical Histories, HIPAA forms, patient demographic information, etc.
• Monitor continuing care lists and encourage patients to schedule recall.
• Monitor and maintain unscheduled and ASAP lists.
• Provide coverage for Dental Services Coordinator or Dental Billing Coordinator as needed.
• Monitor and maintain inventory of dental office supplies.
• Attend meetings as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
• Plan and organize.
• Operate a variety of office equipment.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures; develop and analyze possible revisions.
• Set priorities among multiple requests.
• Interact with patients, clinical and administrative staff and the public effectively.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in person, in writing, or by phone.
• Comply with established policies and procedures.
• Plan and perform diversified duties requiring knowledge of patient relations and health information management fields.
• Demonstrate computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels, and value systems.
• Work with frequent interruptions.